Friday, June 02, 2006

Picture Gallery :: USSR Poster or Inky Inspiration?

I was trying to subtly find out EXACTLY what Inky’s exhibition plans might be and, whilst rummaging around some of his old webs, I came across this picture. It was firmly rolled up and covered with cobwebs. It’s obviously important to Inky… although I’m hoping it’s just a plan for one of his endless commemorative medals.

[LATER] I’ve done a bit of research and I now think that it might be a picture of one of Inky’s ancestors. There were many Bolshevik arachnids in his family, many of them in important government positions.

I have traced the original to an enormous collection of Soviet posters (actually I must admit that it was a rather loquacious waiter, a veritable living datacast of a Barista here >> who alerted me to its existence). There is nearly 1500 of them, so it’s going to take me a while to see if there are any further members of Inky’s family represented.

USSR posters preserved for the world by Ben Perry >>

[LATER STILL] I have just noticed that the spider pictured has 10 legs and I'm beginning to worry. Is Inky involved in some kind of GM thermonuclear ballistic research?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

8:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

3:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home